Job Title: Physician Assistant & Nurse Practitioner (PA/NP) (Tupelo, MS)
City: Tupelo / State: MISSISSIPPI
Job Description - Physician Assistant & Nurse Practitioner (PA/NP) (Tupelo, MS):
Onsite OHS is seeking a Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners to provide medical services to designated beneficiaries in a clinical setting. Perform a full range of PA/CRNP services on site, using furnished facilities, equipment and supplies to a variety of patients. All aspects of PA/CRNP services shall be commensurate with the capabilities of the provider and the Medical Department.
Job Responsibilities - Physician Assistant & Nurse Practitioner (PA/NP) (Tupelo, MS):
Responsible for a full range of diagnostic examinations, the development of comprehensive treatment plans when indicated, delivery of treatment within the personnel and equipment capabilities of the treatment facility, provision of mandated medical surveillance and preventive services, and the quality and timeliness of treatment records and reports required to document procedures performed and care provided.
• Manage clinic staff, programs and processes
• Provide training and/or direction as applicable to supporting employees i.e. Health Service Technicians assigned to them during administrative duties that include: maintaining statistical records of clinical workload, participating in education programs, and participating in clinical staff quality assurance functions.
• Management Responsibilities for clinic
• Treat all patients presented for care
• Assessment: Obtain patient health and developmental history. Perform and record a health appraisal including physical assessment and evaluation.
• Diagnose patients with common acute conditions, illnesses or minor trauma
• Request x-rays and laboratory tests as deemed necessary
• Plan: Formulate a health care plan for patients presenting for treatment, emphasizing self-care responsibility through the participation of the patient, family, physician and other health care Professionals
• Intervention: Treat patients with common acute conditions, illnesses or minor trauma within accepted protocols and/or in collaboration with a physician
• Identify resources and coordinate referrals for patients requiring further evaluation and services
• Evaluation: Modify the health care plan as warranted. Implement and participate in follow-up.
• Support preventive maintenance and report equipment failures and inadequacies. Promote economical utilization of equipment, supplies and be cost conscious when ordering lab and radiological studies.
• Adhere to departmental and clinical safety guidelines
• Prepare and submit appropriate documentation as specified in applicable regulations
• Liaison and report to higher facility as required for patient’s continuum of care
• Work collaboratively with healthcare team in Primary Care
• Other duties as assigned
Job Requirements - Physician Assistant & Nurse Practitioner (PA/NP) (Tupelo, MS):
- Physician Assistant
- Bachelor's Degree from a Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation (CAHEA) certified Physician Assistant program;
or graduate from 12 month CAHEA PA program and a BS in health care occupation;
- or graduate from 12 month CAHEA PA program with a five (5) year period of progressively responsible healthcare experience such as independent duty medical corpsman, licensed practical nurse, registered nurse, medical technologist or medical technician
- Certification by National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA)
- Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner
- MSN from a National League for Nursing (NLN) accredited nursing program and have an American Nurses Association (ANA) certification as a Nurse Practitioner in either adult health or family practice
- Three (3) years of clinical nursing experience with a minimum of two (2) years clinical experience as a CRNP is required
- Experience in outpatient care in a Family Medicine or Internal Medicine environment is preferred
- Current Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) registration certification
- Current unrestricted license for the practice of PA/CNP in the state of MS
- Current BLS by the AHA, ARC, ASHI or ACEP Certification
- No loss, reduction, restriction, or revocation of clinical privileges at any institution
- No pending litigation for medical malpractice
- No current or pending felony criminal charges
- Physically capable of performing all services with reasonable accommodation
*Onsite OHS is in an active bidding process for this position and position availability is contingent upon OHS being awarded the contract.